The “new” Matrix will involve some changes to fields that NTREIS subscribers have been accustomed to using.
Matrix will be offline beginning about 4 pm on Monday, February 28, with all functions live in the "new" system by 10 am on Tuesday, March 1.
The conversion of data to Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO) fields will reduce the time needed for vendors to bring new products to market and ensure that terms used for features that your customers see online match closely with the feature information you are sending them.
Watch a video to take you through the new changes:
Beginning Friday, February 25, you will see the “countdown” banner in Matrix, reminding you of the switch. The system will go offline at 4 pm on Monday, February 28, and NTREIS teams will work through the night to bring over all of your existing contacts, saved searches, auto emails, recent search history, and personal profile information, converting any changed field information.
You will see some changes in the navigation menus, but you still have the ability to start with the brief search and add your own fields. If you have added custom fields to your search, that information is being brought into the “new system.”
Imported Saved Searches will show as “Imported SS” or as “Imported SS*” - those with an asterisk contain field information that is no longer available and could not be converted to a new field. An example would be a search based on an MLS Area or Sub Area. As those fields cannot be standardized and have been removed in the system, a search needs to contain some other geographic boundaries in order to limit the search - city, zip code, map boundaries, school, etc. No new searches will contain Areas and no new listings will contain Areas.
Data changes you will see in input and searches:
- Total Baths - Total Baths is now equal to the Total of ALL Bathrooms expressed as a whole number, not a decimal. For a listing with 3 Full baths and 2 Half baths, Total Baths in the old system would equal 3.2; in the new system that will appear as 5 Total Baths. This can affect results in a saved search where Total Baths is used instead of Full Baths. Search is available for both fields, and it is important to remember that results for 5 total baths will include listings with 5 full baths, but also 3 full baths and 2 half or 4 full and 1 half, etc.
- Area/SubArea - NTREIS has phased out use of these fields over the last several years due to the subjectivity of boundary lines and the labor intensity of maintaining such maps. Modern search tools allow for freehand drawing of map boundaries. MLS Areas and SubAreas are no longer available for input and search.
Property Types Updated
- Residential - Mobile Home and Manufactured Home are new subtypes (instead of Housing type); Half Duplex is included with Single Family subtype and is available as a Housing type
- Residential Lease
- Residential Income (formerly Multi-family)
- Land - Commercial Land subtype is now Unimproved Land in Commercial Sale
- Commercial Sale
- Commercial Lease (formerly combined with Commercial Sale) - Saved searches and personal settings for Commercial have been converted for Commercial Sale only, so if you are searching for Commercial Leases, you will need to update the search.
- Sold/Leased statuses are now labeled as “Closed”
- Temp Off Market is now labeled as “Hold”
- Withdrawn Sublisting is no longer used and has been removed
- # Stories is now Levels - this allows for the selection One and One Half, Split, etc.
- Building Stories is now Stories Total
- Buyer Financing on Closed Listings is a multi-select
- Environment fields are now a “repeatable” input
- Barns fields are now a “repeatable” input
- Additional options added for Garage, Carport, and Parking features
- Security Features Y/N converted to multi-select field
- Fencing Y/N converted to multi-select field
- Property Managed By
- Garage Height
- Garage Y/N
- Auction Y/N
- Basement Y/N
- Cooling (selections from other fields converted to this field where possible)
- Patio/Porch Features
- Windows Features
- Business Type
In addition to the changes and new fields, some existing fields have add new selections added, so you may want to review your active listings to see if there are new features you would like to add!
If you are a “Co-List” agent on a listing, that listing will now appear in your personal “My Listings” inventory.
NTREIS has made every attempt to make this transition as easy as possible, but as with every change, we can expect a few hiccups! Please report any issues you see to the GFWAR MLS Department.