January 2020 Fort Worth Housing Report
Fort Worth home sales increased7.6 percent to 719 homes in January 2020. The median price for Fort Worth homes increased 1.9 percent year-over-year to $223,250 in January 2020.
"The 2020 Fort Worth housingmarket is off to a good start," said Shelby Kimball, 2020 President of the Greater FortWorth Association of REALTORS®. "Despitea drop in listings and inventory, we still saw strong sales growth.”
Fort Worth’s monthly housinginventory was 2.0 months in January 2020, 0.1 months less than the year prior. TheReal Estate Center at Texas A&M University cites that 6.5 months ofinventory represents a market in which supply and demand for homes is balanced.
Homes spent anaverage of 53 days on the market in January 2020, three days less than January2019. Additionally, active listings decreased 2.4 percent to 2,201 listingsduring the same time frame.
January 2020 Statistics At-A-Glance
· 719 –Homes sold in January 2020, 7.6 percent more than January 2019.
· $223,250– Median price in January 2020, 1.9 percent more than January2019.
· 2.0 –Monthly housing inventory in January 2020, 0.1months less than January 2019.
· 53 –Average number of days homes spent on the market in January2020, three days less than January 2019.
· 31 –Average number of days to close in January 2020, two days less than January2019.
· 2,201 –Active home listings on the market in January 2020, 2.4percent less than January 2019.