*** Instructor: Michica Guillory**
Course Name: TACS2: Commercial Real Estate Property Development
Location: Zoom Meeting (Link will be provided by GFWAR)
**Registration Deadline**- 2/4/2021- at 5pm
**Course Sign-in: Thursday, February 11, 2021 @ 8:00pm
Course Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Thu, Feb 18, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Fri, Feb 19, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Provider Name: Texas REALTORS®
Provider Number: 0001
Course Number: 861
Credit: 30 SAE Hours or 9 non-legal CE credit
Course Description: This course is designed to prepare students for entry into the commercial real estate field by exposing them to the fundamentals of commercial real estate leasing, property development, and appraisal valuation methods. Students in this course will develop a comprehensive understanding of the CMA process and the various due diligence elements associated with representing commercial clients.
Certification Requirements: The Texas Accredited Commercial Specialist certification requires the completion of three 30-hour courses (must be taken in numbered order):
• TACS 1: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate. Topics include fundamentals of commercial real estate finance and economics
• TACS 2: Commercial Real Estate Property Development. Topics include commercial leasing, property development, and appraisal valuation methods
• ACS 3: Commercial Real Estate Marketing & Negotiation. Topics include assessing the merits of investment property, appropriate contract forms and addenda, and how to develop a self-aware business plan.
After successful completion of the three courses, candidates must provide the following:
• A letter from the agent’s broker verifying successful completion of two commercial real estate transactions since beginning TACS coursework (no minimum monetary requirement) and active participation in a CIE
• Two professional references—not the candidate’s broker—who can speak to the candidate’s commercial real estate professionalism and standard of practice.
Refund Policy (cancellation by student): Refunds will only be issued for a cancellation by a registered student if advance notice is given at least 48 hours prior to the course scheduled time.
Cancellation Policy: The GFWAR (provider #0390) reserves the right to cancel SAE/CE courses if the minimum pre-registered attendance requirements are not met five business days prior to the scheduled class date. Full refunds will be issued to all pre-paid students or monies can be transferred to future scheduled SAE/CE courses. Monies will not be held longer than the conclusion of the calendar year, from the date of purchase, in which the monies were paid.