**Instructor: Michica Guillory**
Course Name: TACS1: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
Location: Zoom Meeting (Link will be provided by GFWAR)
**Registration Deadline**- 1/7/2021- at 5pm
Course Sign-in: Thursday, January 14, 2021 @ 8am
Course Date: Thu, Jan 14, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Fri, Jan 15, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Fri, Jan 22, 2021 8:30am - 5:00pm
Provider Name: Texas REALTORS®
Provider Number: 0001
Course Number: 860
Credit: 30 SAE Hours or 9 non-legal CE credit
Course Description: This course is designed to prepare students for entry into the commercial real estate field by exposing them to the fundamentals of commercial real estate finance and economics, and then through the application of those fundamental concepts using actual practice scenarios on a variety of property types they are likely to encounter. It will provide a strong grounding in basic concepts that will help students who intend to pursue higher designations such as CCIM. It will also prepare agents who are interested in moving their field of business from residential to commercial, or residential agents who occasionally take part in commercial transactions.
Certification Requirements: The Texas Accredited Commercial Specialist certification requires the completion of three 30-hour courses (must be taken in numbered order):
• TACS 1: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate. Topics include fundamentals of commercial real estate finance and economics
• TACS 2: Commercial Real Estate Property Development. Topics include commercial leasing, property development, and appraisal valuation methods
• ACS 3: Commercial Real Estate Marketing & Negotiation. Topics include assessing the merits of investment property, appropriate contract forms and addenda, and how to develop a self-aware business plan.
After successful completion of the three courses, candidates must provide the following:
• A letter from the agent’s broker verifying successful completion of two commercial real estate transactions since beginning TACS coursework (no minimum monetary requirement) and active participation in a CIE
• Two professional references—not the candidate’s broker—who can speak to the candidate’s commercial real estate professionalism and standard of practice.
Refund Policy (cancellation by student): Refunds will only be issued for a cancellation by a registered student if advance notice is given at least 48 hours prior to the course scheduled time.
Cancellation Policy: The GFWAR (provider #0390) reserves the right to cancel SAE/CE courses if the minimum pre-registered attendance requirements are not met five business days prior to the scheduled class date. Full refunds will be issued to all pre-paid students or monies can be transferred to future scheduled SAE/CE courses. Monies will not be held longer than the conclusion of the calendar year, from the date of purchase, in which the monies were paid.